Historical and gastro treasures of Split – morning food & cultural tour
Learn everything about history and gastronomy of Split and why is it such a unique mixture of Mediterranean, central European and eastern influence and why do food and wine take such a big role in our everyday lifestyle. Taste the most delicious traditional food specialties and wines while you are walking our colorful Green market and 1700 year old ancient Diocletian’s palace.
- Green market – the belly of Split; taste prosciutto and pancetta with ‘’peka’’ bread, various types of homemade cheeses, soparnik - local specialty
- Seafood plate tasting (salted anchovies, octopus...) and two types of homemade pasta makaruni with a local red and white wine
- Tasting of traditional sweets and homemade gelato in the oldest Pastry shop in Split
- Sightseenig - Diocletian’s Palace, Peristil square, Vestibul, Cardo, Golden gate, Narodni and Vocni medieval squares, Riva promenade
Departure time10:30 am
Duration3 hours 30 minutes
Meeting pointFlarent agency - 15 minutes before tour start In front of the agency (Obala Kneza Domagoja 1)
|1. stop - Green market - walk and tasting|
|2. stop - seafood plate tasting|
|3. stop - tasting of traditional sweets and homemade gelato|
- all costs (food and drinks)
- licenced guide in English
Places that we visit can vary from tour to tour and are subject of change without notice. Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten free and nut free options are available.
Additional Tour Info
Tour guide with an orange cooking spoon!
Soparnik- local specialty protected by the geographical origin on the territory of EU. It was protected in 2007, but it has been popular since forever...
Makaruni - home made pasta